Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Mission and Preparation

THE MISSION:  5 days of juice fasting

I have been wanting to do a juice fast for years, and I finally decided that now is the time.  I'm super excited, but also nervous because I know this is going to be the hardest thing I've done in a long time.

I'm going to use this blog to record my feelings and the reviews of the juices that I drink.

THE MOTIVATION:   being healthy, $200

My boyfriend has said that he will support me and drink the juices with me and not eat when I'm around (he's lifting weights and trying to get muscle, so I can't ask him to fast entirely, he just can't eat in front of me). He has also promised to pay for half of this whole fast if I make it, which means, he'll give me around $200 after I finish day 5.

I also want to use this to get healthier, I need to start eating more fruits and vegetables and cut the junk.  I'm finding it much harder than it used to be to not eat grains and junk food thank expected, and I want to use this to kick me in the right direction. If I can do this, I can do anything.

THE PLAN:  Reboot with Joe

I followed up on the movie "Fat, sick and nearly dead" and found Joe Cross had a website with plans for rebooting.  He recommends starting with a week of just eating fruits and vegetables, but I'm going to skip that because I already eat quite a few fruits and vegetables and want to cut off any chance for me to quit before I start.

Here's a link to the his plans:  http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/plans/

I am also a follower of Yuri Elkaim and have his juice plans as well.  The reason I decided to start with Joe's is that it has more fruits and more juices and it seems like it'll be a little easier for a week because it also doesn't have any water fasting days.  If I'm feeling good after a week, there is a chance that I'll jump in on Yuri's because I do believe that reducing the sugars and eating fewer fruits is ideal, but I think it's a level up from Joe's and with as hard as this is going to be, I'll start a little smaller.

THE JUICER:  Omega 8004

I used to have a juicer in college, but when I moved I gave it to a good friend who I'm sure is treating it well.  So it was time for me to get a new one.  I bought the Omega 8004.  It should be here today.  I keep refreshing the tracking number to keep an eye on it, I don't want them to miss me when I'm sitting in my apartment.

So it'll look like this:



THE SHOPPING:  Lots and lots of produce

Went to whole foods to get everything from Joe's list for three days.  My boyfriend will be doing some of it with me, so I had to get extras for him and HOLY CRAP its a lot of food.  And it was expensive as hell.  We paid $130 for 3 days worth of produce.







(even Max is amazed at the amount of produce!)

So that's that, and I'll post again when I get my hands on my juicer!

No comments:

Post a Comment